SPBGMA membership is for one calendar-year. Join SPBGMA by registering with one of the forms below.
There is a nominal fee for membership dues.
Please support SPBGMA.
Preserve Bluegrass Music for generations to come.
Individual Patron Membership
$15.00 per year - Foreign $35.00 Individual members receive the annual Festival Guide Band Directory and the quarterly Bluegrass Music News.
Download 2017 Individual Form
$35.00 per year - Foreign $60.00
In addition to the Festival Guide and quarterly newsletter, Band members will have their group photo (black & white) printed in the annual Festival Guide along with information about their band.
2017 Band Membership
Download Band Form
$50.00 per year
Promoter members receive the Festival Guide, quarterly newsletter, a complimentary 1/4 page ad in the Festival Guide, and a discount on the cost of advertising in SPBGMA publications.
Contact: SPBGMA c/o Chuck Stearman
P.O. Box 271, Kirksville, MO 63501
The Festival Guide and Band Directory
The Festival Guide and Band Directory includes 300+ festival and band listings including photos throughout the USA and Canada
16 page quarterly publication containing Bluegrass Music News,
Record Reviews and more.
GET YOUR FESTIVAL LISTED
FREE Festival Listing
Dec 04, 2012
Publish your Bluegrass Festival listing in the Annual SPBGMA Festival Guide for FREE!!! Deadline for copy is December 15.
* PDF is an electronic form that can be filled out on a computer. The form can be saved, printed, and even emailed.
1) Fill out form.
2) Save pdf
3) Click Submit button to email from a default mail program (web clients, such as gmail and yahoo, will need to manually attach the saved pdf form)
4) Email pdf form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join SPBGMA NOW
1) Download and print the membership application Form*
2) Fill the application out
3) Mail the membership application to:
P.O. Box 271
Kirksville, MO 63501
INTERNATIONAL BAND CONTEST (IBC)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FAQ
1. All paid band members are issued an arm band that serves as the ticket into all shows and the contest regardless of performance results in the contest. This arm band must remain on at ALL times. If lost or removed the entrance fee must be paid again. Any family members or friends not performing in the contest band will need to purchase regular show tickets.
2. If possible bands should check in at the SPBGMA ticket office on Friday beginning at 3pm until 10pm. Arm bands may be obtained at that time. Arm bands will be put on by SPBGMA personnel. If not able to check in at that time please check in Saturday morning beginning at 7:30am SHARP.
3. Band Contest meeting starts at 8:00am SHARP Saturday morning. Attendance will be called, an information meeting with Q & A will take place in the conference room, and performance position will be drawn for. It is not necessary for all band members to be present at the 8am meeting although it is SUGGESTED for all members to be ready in case the band draws the 1st performing position. The contest starts at 9 am SHARP!
4. Warm-up (practice) rooms will be provided behind stage and are assigned based on the performing position number drawn. How the rooms “flow” will be explained in the meeting.
5. Attendance, information meeting, and performance position draw will occur 1 hour prior to each of the 3 rounds of the contest. Warm-up rooms will be provided for each round as well.
6. Contest scores will be posted shortly after the 1st and 2nd rounds are finished. A red line will note the cut off for qualification into the next round. The 3rd and final round scores will NOT be posted until the award presentation is made on stage in the Plantation Ballroom Sunday afternoon. We do ask if possible that all band members be in the ballroom for the presentation of prize money and pictures.
7. Round 1 and Round 2 are 2 songs and Round 3 is 3 songs.
Download Printable IBC FAQ
Nov 15, 2012